Friday 28 October 2016

INTRODUCING THE ABUJA ARCHITECT BLOG



Hello everyone. This is welcoming you to ABUJA ARCHITECT. It is a platform whose time is long overdue. Here, architects in Abuja and beyond, and their colleagues, admirers, contemporaries, families, friends, clients, lovers, etc.; whatever nomenclature they come packaged in, can read, write and view news, information, announcements, pronouncements and publications about us.


My name is Arc Edmund Irondi. I was recently elected chairman of the Library and Publications sub-committee of the Nigerian Institute of Architects, Abuja chapter. I am saddled with the responsibility of overseeing the library and publications of the Abuja chapter of NIA. This is one of my community social responsibility. I sought for the office, contested the election and by the grace of Abuja architects was returned elected. I do not harbour any intention of disappointing the people who voted me in. I will do this job to the best of my ability.


I think i am adequately equipped to discharge the obligations that come with the office. First, i am an architect, then a writer. I love to write. I also love to read and to engage with people through the literary medium. But only I cannot run this task. It's going to be all of us - architects in the FCT and beyond, Feel free to contribute. Little drops of water make an ocean. We are all passengers in this aircraft. I will function as the pilot, otherwise, known as editor.

Welcome once again to ABUJA ARCHITECT blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment